We're looking for talented people who are enthusiastic about technology and have a creative approach toward helping others. We are building a diverse team of people working with open-source software to find solutions to interesting problems.
How do we do things?
Our development team deliver reliable solutions predominantly in Python, Bash, Perl and PHP. We plan and manage our customers systems to maximise uptime and workflow, solving problems using any number of open-source wonders including Linux, Apache2, MariaDB, DNS, Drupal, Libvirt, KVM, LXC and Nginx to name but a few.
Internally, we communicate face to face, via Jabber chats, OTRS ticketing and phone calls. We us Linux desktop, and primarily use Centos on our own servers.
We're open to learning new programs and techniques; we welcome those who have additional skills to add to this set!
Where are we based?
Our offices are located in the town centre of Huddersfield, opposite Huddersfield University on Firth Street.
What's a working week at With Support like?
We work 37.5-hours per week, and there is usually plenty of opportunity for overtime.
The nature of some roles within the company may involve voluntary inclusion in paid, on-call work during off-peak hours. These schedules are always negotiated among staff with the aim of providing the most fair and enjoyable experience for everyone at work and in their home lives.
What opportunities to learn are there?
We fully support our employees' desires to advance their skills and learning. To this end, we offer and encourage:
- Opportunities to attend events and seminars
- Books, software, and equipment necessary to learn new skills related to the work you do
- Pair programming and cross-team collaborations
- Community involvement in code schools and local events
- We also pioneer many advances in open-source solutions and as such we
What benefits do staff members enjoy?
Our employees enjoy all of the following and more (this is not a comprehensive list of benefits):
- Free and decent home broadband, with flexibility for working from home
- Casual, comfortable and quiet offices
- Competitive pay
- Flexible working hours (within reasonable core hours)
- Pleasant desk area arrangements, and your choice of Linux desktop distribution
How can I find out more?
We encourage you to start a conversation with us about joining With Support! Browse available positions on this page and apply by email to email@example.com enclosing a covering letter and CV. Explain clearly what you can bring to us, and what experience you have.
We look forward to hearing from you!